[Openswan Users] CA Cert Expired!!

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Mon Nov 14 17:12:04 CET 2005

Agent Smith wrote:

> Thanks for that, I was able to generate a new cacert
> and it does show up as a valid cert now in the 'ipsec
> auto --listcacerts' output. the tunnels are still
> broken with same error message.

Which error message?

> any suggestions?

Windows XP might not accept the fact that the notBefore date of the
re-issued CA cert is later than the notBefore date of the client certs.
I don't know if the "openssl req" command accepts a "-startdate"
parameter.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen at strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Zürichweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65