[Openswan Users] Multiple roadwarrior clients behind NAT

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Fri Nov 11 12:00:22 CET 2005

>>/ As I looked to /var/log/secure on the home office VPN server for clues as to
/>>/ why additional clients were failing to get an SA, I noticed constant activity
/>>/ (ie, constantly regotiating) for those clients connected.  Here is a log
/>>/ excerpt for one client connected:
/
>I would really like to know if this still present in 2.4.2rc2.
>This might be a bug in rekeying or a fixed bug in picking connections.

>Paul

Thanks, Paul.

I have not had a chance to check the Win XP clients in the remote office yet, but at least the constant rekeying is fixed.  I upgraded the VPN gateway
and my Linux client to 2.4.2rc1, and the connection is rekeying about once per hour.  So, that is fixed for sure.

I should have someone in the remote office over the weekend to test the WinXP clients there.

--
John S. Riley, Ph.D.
DSB Scientific Consulting