[Openswan Users] Installing Openswan to Fedora core 3 - kernel is 2.6.8.1

Väisänen Teemu teemuuolevivaisanen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:51:17 CET 2005

Hello all.

I'm trying to install Openswan 2.4.0 from rpms to Fedora core 3.
Kernel is 2.6.8.1 and I have few questions. Sorry if these are asked
before:

- Is Openswan Wiki Troubleshooter same as FAQ (Somewhere is talked
about troubleshooter and somewhere about faq)?

- Does Openswan support 2.6.8.1 kernel?

There are openswan-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm and openswan-doc-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm
files in download/binaries/fedora/3/i386/ Wiki troubleshooter says
both userland tools and kernel components have to be installed.

- Are these both (userland tools and kernel components) in this
openswan-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm?

- If they aren't in that rpm, where could I find them? Are there these
different tools and components for Fedore?

I have installed these two rpms, but
# service ipsec start
 gives:
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec U2.4.0/K2.6.8.1...
ipsec_setup: no default route, %defaultroute cannot cope!!!

-What does this no default route means?

-What is pluto and how is it installed?

Thank you for any answers and help!

-Teemu Väisänen