[Openswan Users] Tunnel up, ping Ok, but no communication with others protocols

Gildas Delon gdelon at dkm-dev.com
Mon May 30 12:15:27 CEST 2005

I have read some posts who have the same problem but no solution works.

My configuration :
- 2 gateways Fedora Core 3
- kernel  2.6.9-5.0.3.EL.notting.ipsec
- Openswan 2.3.1.2
- ipsec-tools-0.5-2.fc3

192.168.1.254<---->82.224.xxx.xxx<----------->INTERNET<---------->84.37.yyy.yyy<---->192.168.4.200

conn alesia-goutal
        left=84.37.xxx.xxx
        leftsubnet=192.168.4.0/24
        leftnexthop=84.37.xxx.xxx
        leftrsasigkey=********************************************
        leftid=@gw-goutal
        right=82.224.xxx.xxx
        rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
        rightnexthop=82.224.xxx.xxx
        rightrsasigkey=*******************************************
        authby=rsasig
        rightid=@gw.noyer
        esp=3des
        compress=no
        auto=start

My tunnel is up and I can ping any hosts on the other side, but not with
others protocols (ssh, http, pop....)

It's very strange, my firewall is ok, no rules block VPN traffic. When
I'm loading a html page I can see in apache logs the packets arrived,
but is very slow and I have a Time Out message in the most of case.

This is not a MTU problem I think because I can ping with packet size
very large.

Load a on a local machine i

Someone have an idea ?

Gildas.