[Openswan Users] Mode config on OpenSWAN 2.3.0

Sean Knox sean at obstacle9.com
Sat May 21 18:44:51 CEST 2005

Paul Wouters wrote:

> the linux kernel automatically grabs the 'nearest ip' to your gateway,
> which is your publicly assigned IP. You can change this in a custom _updown
> script using advanced routing:
>
> ip route change default via your_vpn_ip.
> Check the _updown script for the exact variable names. I am not sure if
> the modeconfig IP is handed down as environment varaible.

I've looked at _updown, but there's no obvious (to me) modeconfig
variable. The closest thing I found was this in uprule()

  # virtual sourceip support
     if [ -n "$PLUTO_MY_SOURCEIP" ] && ["$PLUTO_MY_SOURCEIP" != "no" ]
     then
         addsource
         changesource
     fi

How would I modify _updown to use the modeconfig'ed virtual IP?

thanks,
sk