[Openswan Users] Mode config on OpenSWAN 2.3.0

Sean Knox sean at obstacle9.com
Fri May 20 16:45:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to use mode config to assign IP with multiple connections.
The first connection grabs an IP successfully, however all subsequent
connections don't get the IP--instead they use whatever local LAN
address. Is this a known limitation with OpenSWAN? I've used other
clients (Softremote, VPN Tracker) and these use the same virtual IP for
all connections.

My ipsec.conf is below, thanks.

Sean

# /etc/ipsec.conf - FreeS/WAN IPsec configuration file
# RCSID $Id: ipsec.conf.in,v 1.11 2003/06/13 23:28:41 sam Exp $

# This file:  /usr/share/doc/packages/freeswan/ipsec.conf-sample
#
# Manual:     ipsec.conf.5
#
# Help:
# http://www.strongsec.com/freeswan/install.htm

version 2.0     # conforms to second version of ipsec.conf specification

# basic configuration
config setup
         nat_traversal=yes
         plutodebug=none