[Openswan Users] cisco pix ipsec again

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Thu May 19 15:50:02 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 16. Mai 2005 14:41 schrieb Paul Wouters:
> On Mon, 16 May 2005, Markus Feilner wrote:
> >>
> >> Ahh, then this is just a terminology confusion.

You are so right.

> >> These are actually
> >> seperate phase 2's that happen to use the same phase 1. For openswan
> >> you just configure them as seperate conns, and they will automaticaly
> >> re-use the same phase 1.
Right.

> > I guess I than must set my "leftsubnet=" to the host that should connect
> > (for every connection).
> > But in the Cisco Pix configuration they can configure hosts on both
> > sides.
> > Won't I run into routing problems with several tunnels to the same host?
>
> Nope. That is how it is supposed to be. One phase 1 shared with all phase 2
> SA's. The Cisco does the same thing, but lets you configure it differently.
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul !
And thanks to all of the list who helped me through this!

Funny:
What netmask is used by the pix for the tunnel?
I set up a pix here, You can add almost any host to an existing tunnel.
It opens a tunnel for every host2host connection, but does it use a /32
netmask?
I don't know, but am interested... how could I find that out?

mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Markus Feilner
--
Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse