[Openswan Users] IPSEC Multiple Routing Problem

Vinod Chandran vinod_chandran at multitech.co.in
Fri May 13 19:06:52 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have my kernel compiled with multiple routing facility.
When I start IPSEC and attach the virtual interface say ipsec0 to eth0,
I have routes for the local subnet with interfaces as ipsec0 as well as
eth0.
Now when I ping to the subnet, sometimes instead of going through eth0 ,
the interface is selected as ipsec0 and the packets get dropped since
there is no specific eroute. This can happen any time when the route
cache is learning the routes.
I encounter this problem only when multiple routing is on.

Is there a workaround or a patch to correct this problem

Thanks in advance,
Vinod C