[Openswan Users] Is this configuration possible??

SERVER_NAME gdanko at getenv.s00p.com
Mon May 16 11:13:22 CEST 2005

Hi all, I want to run a configuration by everyone and see if it's doable.
Based on my research it is not and after the diagram I will explain why I
do not think it is possible.

10.0.0.0/24 (HQ private network)

10.0.0.1 (Green interface on a Smoothwall with OpenSwan 1.0.8)
68.xx.xx.34 (Red interface on a Smoothwall)

Public Internet

209.xx.xx.244 (Left IP on OpenSwan 2.3.1 under Fedora Core 3)

209.xx.xx.0/24 (Leftsubnet on OpenSwan 2.3.1)

It is my understanding that the typical configuration is two private
networks being connected via VPN tunnel where each VPN machine has a
public IP to accommodate the tunnel over the internet.

But since my datacenter does not have a private IP scheme I am told I
cannot use VPN.

Any thoughts on this?