[Openswan Users] FW: VPN works, but you can't eBay ;-)

Miguel Dilaj mdilaj at nccglobal.com
Tue May 17 10:11:25 CEST 2005

Hi Jacco,

Thank you for your answer.
Probably your suggestion will work, but I'm looking for a definitive
solution, because some times we need to use non standard tools (even to
connect to websites).
Another user raised an issue when trying to connect to MSN (the instant
messenger, not the website). It seems that he can't logon. I can connect
with no problem, so basically it's exactly the same issue (will have a look
at the output of ipsec auto --status later).
I'll try different possibilities today (for example installing 2.3.1), but
as a reminder the problem is the Quick Mode established AFTER the Main Mode
was up and running, that causes the users with the problem to not be able to
connect to the offending sites. If there's any possibility to say "do the
Main Mode, but don't try to do a Quick Mode afterwards" this will surely
help.
Cheers,

Miguel