[Openswan Users] Please confirm: kernel 2.6, openswan, iptables + Masquerade do notwork together

Jorge Daniel Sequeira Matias martin at andorinha.ist.utl.pt
Mon May 16 12:41:27 CEST 2005

  I have the same problem using Racoon. It seems to be a bug in kernel v2.6
 To the traffic I was receiving from eth0 in IPSec and being forwarded to
eth1 was doing SNAT. It works in this direction, but when the reply packets
come from eth1 they were not unNATed. The packets were being lost inside the
kernel.
  The weird thing is, if you let a "ping" working from the outside (coming
from a computer in the outside - eth0) you will note that sometimes the
kernel v2.6 works for a few seconds.
  Tried with Kernel 2.6.10. I don't if this is already solved with recent
versions of the kernel.

Regards,
Jorge Matias