ATTN Herbert Xu [Fwd: Re: [Openswan Users] Compression with Linux kernel 2.6]

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Sat May 14 09:56:57 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:08:58PM +0000, Phillip T. George wrote:

> I can't seem to email you directly...so this is why I'm sending my
> report to the list (Paul should have received it though).  Whenever I
> try to email you, I receive this bounceback error:

Sorry, should work now.

> I turned compress=on in both ipsec.conf files, but I still could not
> even do a 64 byte client to client ping.  I turned plutodebug=all to see
> if I could see anything...I didn't see anything useful, but I did I grep
> for "netlink" :
> May 13 10:39:33 fire2pt5 pluto[2113]: | netlink_get_spi: allocated
> 0x887533a1 for esp.0 at 68.12.232.86
> May 13 10:39:33 fire2pt5 pluto[2113]: | netlink_get_spi: allocated
> 0xc755 for comp.0 at 68.12.232.86

Right.  Your problem has nothing to do with what was discussed in
this thread so that patch isn't going to help you.

Please do some packet dumps for us so we can find out what's wrong.
For a start, do tcpdump -x on the two Linux firewalls while you
perform the 60 byte ping which works and then the 64 byte ping which
doesn't work.

Thanks,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>