[Openswan Users] WLAN IPsec implementation

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri May 13 14:54:10 CEST 2005

Paul Wouters wrote:

> Are you doing L2TP??? Why? I dont think you want these

Actually, L2TP/IPsec looks like a reasonable alternative to
WEP and PPTP for wireless links in a small office and at home.
And if you use a (strong) PSK it is very easy to configure on XP.

> only build a host-host tunnel, and the l2tp/ppp daemons will do
> the tunneling of all traffic over it. I am not sure if this works
> with throwing all traffic over the l2tp/ppp link. Perhaps Jacco knows?

I don't know what you mean with throwing traffic about, but it
certainly works. Some time ago I used an XP laptop running L2TP/IPsec
over a WLAN and watched a live football *) match over that link,
full screen. Worked without a hitch.

Jacco

*) Or soccer, for those at the other side of the pond.
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl