[Openswan Users] wrong gateway ip assigned

Luca Ballerini luca.ballerini at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:54:51 CEST 2005

HI, this is my first post!
My scenario:
- a debian box in the office with 2 eths 1 with local ip and 1 with
public ip, some iptables rules and NAT.Openswan and l2tp installed.
kernel 2.6

- clients connecting from home via winxp l2tp/ipsec default client and
a custom certificate.

I configured the openswan server following nate carlson's tutorial at
http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-l2tp.php.

I can connect and I'm authenticated in the right way, The ip address I
want is assigned, I can even ssh the server (this is possible only for
local LAN's ip through hosts.allow/.deny) but I can't ping or see
other local LAN's pc and can't navigate to Internet.

>From xp client a "route PRINT" command shows that the default gateway
assigned by the server is the same ip assigned to the client.

Where am I wrong????

thanks in advance

--
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.
Aristotle