[Openswan Users] voip over ipsec

tvsjr at sprynet.com tvsjr at sprynet.com
Wed May 4 17:25:46 CEST 2005

One of the groups of which I'm a member has developed a VoIP system for amateur radio system linking. No QoS is used, the link is real-time (no buffering, no codec lag, everything that can be done to reduce lag has) and the bandwidth is roughly a full ISDN (128Kbps). The developers actually saw a reduction in jitter and an improvement in overall latency by streaming the traffic over an IPSEC pipe.

Terry