[Openswan Users] Encrypt IPv6 multicast addresses

Nuno Amorim na.amorim at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:30:45 CEST 2005

Hello list!

I was looking at the mailing list archive and did not find anything
about this issue.

I want to encrypt an IPv6 UDP stream that has a multicast destination
address (like ff1e::5). The preference is with tunnel mode, with AES
128bit ESP and preshared keys.

Looking for a solution about the key exchange, I stumbled in RFC 3830
(Multimedia Internet Keying), which I think is a solution (or part of)
for the encryption of one to many flows.

So, does anyone tried anything like this? Does Openswan support this
type of tunnel?

Thanks for the help.

Nuno Amorim