[Openswan Users] no route ?

Thomas Dagonnier thomas.dagonnier at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:02:52 CEST 2005

> > You know, if you don't want to help, you can say so, I understand
> > you're not working to support each and every openswan users.
>
> the problem is that I answer these exact same questions 5 times/week. At
> times I get rather frustrated with people not googleing for a little bit.

I know, that's why I said on my first email that I could be answered
"RTFM", but ... well, part of the problem is that there isn't any real
complete manual for IPsec/linux, and as you appear to be (one of) the
most knowledgeable people about it, it all falls down on you.

> > Anyway, could you do me a favor and check if (and when) does openswan
> > add the proper "src <ip_adress>" when adding a new route ? (KLIPS or
> > not)
>
> If you use a left/rightsubnet= and you are using KLIPS, it should add
> the route. Sometimes it tries to add the wrong route, this will show up in
> the log, and you can usually fix it by adding a left/rightnexthop= pointing
> to your gateway IP. If using NETKEY, it shouldnt add the route, but sometimes
> tries to. Here also adding a the nexthop will cause the failure to vanish
> and things to work properly.
>
> If using KLIPS with subnet, and not getting any route added, a message
> should be logged with an error.

As said, the route was added, but without the "src" parameter.