[Openswan Users] no route ?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon May 2 10:39:02 CEST 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Thomas Dagonnier wrote:

> On 4/28/05, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
>> That is normal for netkey.
>
> On 4/28/05, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
>> You dont need to do anything.
>
> On 5/1/05, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
>> You should not need to do that manually. Check your logs for errors.
>

> You know, if you don't want to help, you can say so, I understand
> you're not working to support each and every openswan users.

the problem is that I answer these exact same questions 5 times/week. At
times I get rather frustrated with people not googleing for a little bit.

> Anyway, could you do me a favor and check if (and when) does openswan
> add the proper "src <ip_adress>" when adding a new route ? (KLIPS or
> not)

If you use a left/rightsubnet= and you are using KLIPS, it should add
the route. Sometimes it tries to add the wrong route, this will show up in
the log, and you can usually fix it by adding a left/rightnexthop= pointing
to your gateway IP. If using NETKEY, it shouldnt add the route, but sometimes
tries to. Here also adding a the nexthop will cause the failure to vanish
and things to work properly.

If using KLIPS with subnet, and not getting any route added, a message
should be logged with an error.