[Openswan Users] IPsec offloading

Abhijit Mirajkar abhijit at moschip.com
Thu Mar 31 12:46:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know if Openswan, or IPsec in general, can be offloaded to
network cards? I mean is this support already there in any Linux release?
I think some 3COM and Intel cards support this feature.

I am really interested in that and also started some work. I see that
offloading support is introduced in 2.6 (e.g. TSO offloading) and think that
IPsec offloading can go in similar line (reporting through 'Feature' flags,
using 'ethtool' etc.)
I just don't want to re-invent the wheel, so would really appreciate if
anyone can provide any pointers they know on the subject.

Sorry if this post is not relevant for this list.

Regards,
Abhijit