[Openswan Users] Again: "no connection is known for..."

Piero Filippin filippinp at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 22:53:54 CEST 2005

Ok, I managed to make itwork#8230; and thank to Jacco and his suggestion I finally understood wherethe problem was#8230;

My XP clients now happilyconnect to the IPCop VPN (I have still some small routing problems, but willsolve them hopefully)!

I have also modified the IPCopscripts so they do put something useful on ipsec.conf when you add a new client(even if you lose the capability to specify the left subnet on a per-clientbasis)

Actually, I am part of aEuropean project to provide IT technologies to small companies in my region,and I am strongly pushing toward open source software.

I believe that the firststep toward an open source world is to start to replace MS provided serviceswith free counterparts, but that requires a seamless integration (and #8211; Iam sorry to say #8211; MS is still making its own standards), or users willrefuse to adopt it.

I am interested mostly inwireless networking, and a VPN seems to me the right choice as security, and ifI can offer something low cost (but at the same time powerful), I am sure itwill be adopted immediately.

I hope IPCops guys willadd the l2tp daemon in a future release, so IPCop will provide a perfect out-of-the-boxsolution.

Piero