[Openswan Users] Auth with PAM

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Mar 11 16:44:00 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Anderson Alves de Albuquerque wrote:

> Ask1:
>  Do you think that after I could do authentication with Radius or LDAP. I
> have a "voip system" with LDAP and RADIUS.

If your PAM is setup to do radius or LDAP, then that's where the passwords
will come from using XAUTH.

> Ask2:
>  If I use auth PAM would I need to use certificates or not? I asked this

Whether or not to use certificates is a seperate issue from PAM. But it
will be the easier solution if you need to support windows, because you
dont want PSK based roadwarriors. If you are only hooking up linux
machines, you can use raw RSA keys with XAUTH (but then you could also
use it without XAUTH and not use user/passwords.