[Openswan Users] IPSec(IKE) interoperability between Linux and Windows2000 (help)

Vikas sarawat sarawat_19 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:35:28 CET 2005

Hello,
I am trying to bring up IPSec (using IKE) using 3DES and SHA1 ( both phase 1
and 20 between Windows and Linux. I am able to bring the IPSec association
up with configuration below when Windows is the ike phase 1 and 2 initiator,
however IpSec association don't come up if Linux initiates the IKE. When
Linux initiates the IKE phase 1 and 2, the negotiation hangs at phase2. I
was wondering if you guys have seen this problem and provide help with this.
############ipsec.conf################
flush;
spdflush;
spdadd 10.32.32.244 10.32.0.127 any -P out ipsec
esp/transport//require;
spdadd 10.32.0.127 10.32.32.244 any -P in ipsec
esp/transport//require;
#############################

##############racoon.conf#############
path pre_shared_key "/etc/racoon/psk.txt";
# path certificate "/etc/racoon/certs";

log debug4;

padding {
        strict_check off;