[Openswan Users] Connectivity problem (Installed openswan , can not ping anymore , no internet ) ANYONE CAN HELP ?

Juli Cikuli julicikuli at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 06:07:33 CEST 2005

Hi everyone ,

Recently I installed openswan on my RHEL 3 server.

This server has 2 interfaces (inside , outside) and I'm currently using this server as a NAT router and Firewall for my small company network. (using iptables).

I installed openswan to make a VPN to our branch office.

The problem is that when I try to start IPSEC I cannot ping the internal interface (192.168.1.x)  of the server anymore and also the internet service (NAT)  gets interrupted !!!!

Can anybody tell me why is this happening ????

Thank You very much
Juli Cikuli