[Openswan Users] OpenSwan + FC4

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Jun 25 02:53:15 CEST 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Phillip T. George wrote:

> I decided to give OpenSwan and FC4 a go.  It will create a connection,
> straight out of the box...BUT...I still can't seem to get compression to
> work.  When I ping anything over 64 bytes, I still have problems...just as
> with FC3.  Anyone else experiencing this problem and does anyone have any
> possible solutions?

That's strange, I thought the 2.6 kernel that FC4 used was modern enough
to incorporate Herbert's fixes. There is a fix in openswan CVS HEAD for
older 2.6 kernels with broken compression to work around it. Perhaps
this will help you to? It will be part of 2.3.2 which we hope to release
very soon now.