[Openswan Users] help for multihome route

Bob Benstro bbenstro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:10:15 CEST 2005

Hello,

I use the patch here at http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes, for mutliroute.
 Works ok.

I not able to get ipsec to start when I having no default route.  I
have this words:

ipsec_setup: Stopping Openswan IPsec...
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec U2.2.0/K2.6.11.12...
ipsec_setup: no default route, %defaultroute cannot cope!!!

System is 2.6.11.12.  Is there way to get ipsec to work with no
default route?  If I fake default route does ipsec working with above
patch?

I have previous post about setup below, but no talk back :/

I have two question about openswan.

I have four dsl modem with dynamic pppoe.  This mean that I can not
tell what ppp device I have for each modem.  Since I use pptp for some
thing, and l2tp for other, over the time of few weeks, ppp0-ppp3
interface for ADSL modem can move to ppp4, ppp6 or other ppp device.
This is because pptp or l2tp may take ppp0-ppp3 device when ADSL modem
is down.

I run x509 for road warrier with winxp.  All work ok, as long as I
make sure "left=" statement have real IP or hostname in it.

I want to have "left=%any" or "left=0.0.0.0\0" but this not work.  Can
someone help to make "left=[any.interface.ip]?  I have dynamicdns, but
this not reliable, and not good way to make left= work for me.

Also, can someone help to get openswan listen on *:500, instead of
ip:500?  Why so much work with ipsec whack --listen every time new ppp
DSL comes up?

I have no default route, I use mutlihome routing.  Is any way to not
have to make fake default route, then remove, so openswan run?

Thank for good product, all complaint are small compared to having
good vpn with xp client + linux box. ;)