[Openswan Users] VPN client side firewalls rule??

max max swsignup at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 19:41:09 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have built a Klips openswan VPN with XP roadwarrior
VPN client from  http://vpn.ebootis.de The VPN client
which connect to the Klips VPN linux box, is behind
the firewalls. My question is what port or
protocol in the client side firewalls has to open for
the
VPN connection to my VPN Box and the machines behind
the VPN? will that be the same as my firewalls in my
VPN?(udp 500 and 4500 , protocol 50)?

XP --- client side FW
----internet----VPN/Firewalls---DB

I know I have to open udp 500,4500 and protocol 50 on
my VPN/firewalls side, but how;s about the client side
FW whcih initialize the connection??

Thanks in advance.
Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
Max