[Openswan Users] Openswan and Safenet vpn client

luca llcfhll at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 23:33:16 CEST 2005

Hi , I try to connect a laptop with Safenet client with PSK  with
connection by router with nat or modem to
a VPN server Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8) with Openswan 2.2.0 with a
public ip :

Lan                                       Sarge
               Dinamic ip                     Host
192.168.122.0/24 ======22.33.44.11---------Internet--------Router with
NAT====192.168.200.20

OpenSwan
Safenet client vpn
                                                       #
                                                             #

###############################

TUNNEL IPSEC

/etc/ipsec.conf

config setup
        nat_traversal=yes

conn fw1
        left=22.33.44.11
        leftsubnet=192.168.122.0/24
        type=tunnel
        authby=secret
        pfs=no
        right=%any
        auto=add

/etc/ipsec.secrets

22.33.44.11 %any : PSK "aaabbbbbcccc"

If I test the connection with modem the tunnel is established and the
vpn works good
but when I use a connection behind NAT it doesnt work.
What can I do?
How can I understand if nat traversal works correctly?

Thanks
cfh