[Openswan Users] AF_INET6 protocol family not supported

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Jul 20 02:00:39 CEST 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Felix wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a simple IPv6-in-IPv6 tunnel between two linux boxes running kernel version 2.4.29 and Openswan 2.3.1.

> I looked up "sa_family=10" in the source code, and it turns out to be AF_INET6.  Does Openswan support IPv6?

NETKEY should support IPv6 with the proper modules. KLIPS currently does not
support IPv6.

The openswan userland can do ipv6, but this has not really been well
integrated in the scripts and requires manual commands or custom scripts.
People have also made minor tweaks in the past to support it.

It's not going to work easilly out of the box.