[Openswan Users] OpenSwan 2.3.1 implements AES on Phase 1?

Cassio Bobsin Machado cassiobm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:07:16 CEST 2005

Steve, indentation is correct... I retyped it almost a hundred
times... :-( ... It does not accept anything that looks like "ike="...

conn tim
        auto=start
        type=tunnel
        #LEFT:Human
        left=200.192.***.***
        leftnexthop=%defaultroute
        leftsubnet=200.192.***.***/32
        #RIGHT:Tim
        right=200.179.***.***
        #rightnexthop=
        rightsubnet=200.179.***.***/24
        authby=secret
        keyexchange=ike
        ike=aes
        auth=esp
        esp=aes256-sha1-modp1024

Obs: please remember that I tried every possible combination of aes,
aes128, aes256, sha, sha1, modp1024 in "ike="... Whenever I insert a
line containing "ike=" it does not parse this connection.

In fact, my version its not trying even AES128 in negotiation. Only 3DES.

If I downgrade to an earlier OpenSwan version, do you guys think that
would work? Do you recommend any specific version?

Otherwise, is there another free VPN software that could be installed
to make such a connection?

Best regards,

Cassio Bobsin Machado