[Openswan Users] Reg: Openswan 2.6 Installation procedures

Eshwar eshwar at moschip.com
Sun Jul 17 14:38:36 CEST 2005

Hi all,

>From last one week I am trying to install the Openswan from the source in
Fedroa 2 & 4. Since I am not interested in 26sec or NET_KEY I am have
recompiled the Fedora kernel with disabled PF_KEY support.. After that I
have used the following command to compile the openswan with klips..

For Fedora 4
Make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.6.5 module26 minstall26 programs install

For Fedora 4
Make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.6.11 module26 minstall26 programs install

After installation
I have executed the following commands

ipsec setup start
ipsec auto --up test

SA are established properly... After that If I stats pings kernel dumps....

I have tried with the Openswan 2.3.0, 2.3.1 and 2.4.0 also...

I am having the same problems....

I feel that I am missing some thing... Can some body help me to setup the
Openswan or link with explains How to setup the Openswan on 2.6

Thanks & Regards
Eshwar