[Openswan Users] OpenSwan 2.3.1 implements AES on Phase 1?

Cassio Bobsin Machado cassiobm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:49:29 CEST 2005

I'm trying to connect with a CiscoPIX that requires AES-256, SHA1,
DHG2 for Phase 1 and, after some log analisys, I've reached a problem.

When preparing ISAKMP Proposal, OpenSwan does not try to make any
combination with AES, only tries with 3DES for encryption.

I couldn't find in any documentation from OpenSwan (they're a bit
confusing, mixing old FreeSwan info) that covers this issue.

I tried to force with parameters like "ike=aes" or a dozen of other
variations but, when I try any of these, it simply does not parse
IPSEC.CONF.

Do I have to apply any patch? Modify any config file?

Best regards,

Cassio Bobsin Machado