[Openswan Users] one router or two

sibusiso xolo sibxol at btconnect.com
Wed Jul 13 13:33:12 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I am new to this list.  I am planning to set up two wan/ipsec routers.
ADSL/ppp connections are available.  I would like to know which of the
following is the  best way

Setup1: 1 router  and adsl/ppp interface to  internet, Ethernet interface to
internal network, the machine has  iptables firewall script and  all machines
on the local network uses  this machine as their default gateway.  This
machine also has openswan installed, with  ipsec.conf etc al

Setup2. 2 routers, the first a lan/internet router with adsl/ppp interface and
internal network connected to Ethernet interface.   A second machine (on the
local network)  serves as the  wan/ipsec router.   The iptables/firewall
script on the first router forward the relevant ports to this second machine.

advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely
Sibu Xolo