[Openswan Users] Status of Openswan 2.3.2

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Jul 13 02:50:20 CEST 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Sandor Geller wrote:

> Good news! I recently started testing the 2.4.0dr2 version. Is there any
> chance that the checkv199install rule will be removed from the toplevel
> Makefile before the final 2.4.0 release? It is annoying that this check
> is broken and it renames the freshly installed ipsec directory to
> ipsec.v1 so I have to rename it manually.

We want to keep the check in to allow easy upgrade from (super)freeswan 1.9x
to openswan-2. The problem seems to be that somewhere 'make install' is called
twice, so we all end up with two sets of "old" and new binaries.

I made a bug entry for this on bugs.openswan.org.

   "I am not even supposed to be here today!"  -- Clerk