[Openswan Users] "ISAKMP SA established" BUT "state transition function for STATE_QUICK_R0 failed"

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Jul 12 11:54:01 CEST 2005

wjt_eric <wjt_eric at 163.com>:

> I got a problem when try to init a L2TP_over_IPsec tunnel between WindowsXP
> &linux VPN gateway.

You don't need Pluto debug, leftsubnet and type. Nat_traversal is also set
to yes but your configuration for NAT-T is incomplete so don't expect it to
work at this stage. Here is a fixed version of your ipsec.conf.

config setup
   #klipsdebug=none
   plutodebug="none"
   nat_traversal=yes

conn L2TP-PSK
   #use a preshared key
   #disable PFS for windows client
   authby=secret
   pfs=no
   #
   #left means local
   left=192.168.10.152
   leftprotoport=17/0
   #
   #remote user: %any for dyn ip
   right=%any
   rightprotoport=17/1701

I would also recommend the NAT-T update Q818034 or XP SP2 and
leftprotoport=17/1701 if you want to use NAT-T.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl