[Openswan Users] RHEL 4 with ipsec

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jul 12 00:41:02 CEST 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Roland Pope wrote:

> I tried using OpenSWAN 2.3.1 on kernel 2.6.9-11.EL, but I got Kernel panics
> every time when I tried to bring up a tunnel from a Windows XP machine.
> I don't believe all the major bugs have been fixed for RHEL 4 using KLIPS
> yet, but perhaps 2.4.0dr2 has some of these issues sorted out?

Unfortunately, that is unlikely to be the case. The redhat kernels are far
from standard kernels and some patches in their kernels are not working well
together with KLIPS. We are working on it, but I wouldn't try to run KLIPS
on a 2.6 redhat/fedora kernel at this point.

   "I am not even supposed to be here today!"  -- Clerk