[Openswan Users] RHEL 4 with ipsec

Randy B randy at pillowfactory.org
Mon Jul 11 10:37:32 CEST 2005

Morgan Marodin wrote:
> Anyone is using Red Hat Enterprise 4 with ipsec interface?

No one's said they have; I've experimented with it myself, but didn't
have the greatest of luck with KLIPS on 2.6; you may be best served by
trying NETKEY.

That said, I hate to be a ship jumper, but some of you guys may want to
check out pfSense - by no means as supported a platform (a *big* selling
point for OpenS/WAN, BTW) but has some serious capabilities (like
stateful IPsec failover via sasyncd/CARP and good driver support for
hardware acceleration) that are wooing me.  We shall see how things go.

RB