[Openswan Users] Openswan with error."Function not implemented" maybe due to Algorithm?

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Mon Jul 11 21:50:04 CEST 2005

Au:h>| <honglus at 21cn.com> wrote:

> I guess it is due to incompatible algorithm.
> Because openswan is aksing for
> "IKE algorithm newest: 3DES_CBC_192-MD5-MODP1536"

IKE has nothing to do with the kernel.  Look for the line that
starts with "ESP algorithm newest".

> Debian:/lib/modules/2.6.11.7pcnet/kernel/crypto# modinfo des
> filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.11.7pcnet/kernel/crypto/des.ko
> alias:          des3_ede
> license:        GPL
> vermagic:       2.6.11.7pcnet PENTIUM4 gcc-3.3
>
> but "modinfo des3_ede" failed.

des,ko contains des3_ede which is why it's an alias.  That is,
modprobe des3_ede and modprobe des will both load the des.ko
module.  Loading des.ko will provide both DES and 3DES.
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>