[Openswan Users] OpenS/WAN 2.3.1 crashes OpenS/WAN 2.2.x installs ?

Albert Siersema appie at friendly.net
Tue Jul 5 15:47:17 CEST 2005

Hello all,

We've been running into a strange problem where a 'new' 2.3.1 install
crashes a remote pluto upon connecting. Remote is a 2.2.0 install (Openswan
Version 2.2.0 X.509-1.5.4 PLUTO_USES_KEYRR).

I haven't compiled with -g nor analyzed a core dump, i was just curious if
this is a known issue and possibly solved in 2.3.2 or if i'm looking at a
seriously swift instantaneous upgrade of all openswan installs from 2.2.x
to 2.3.2 Real Soon Now (tm) ?

TIA,
Albert