[Openswan Users] CheckPoint Firewall Hybrid Mode

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Jul 4 13:26:06 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 4. Juli 2005 12:23 schrieb Manuel Mesquita T. F. Gomes:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone please tell me if openSwan supports interoperability with a
> Checkpoint Firewall configured in hybrid mode?
>
> The firewall uses RSA signature for its authentication and then expects
> a username/password from the user to authenticate against a RADIUS
> server.
>
> Is there anyway to make a IPSec tunnel work in linux in this situation?
> Or will I have to continue using Checkpoint's client software on
> Windows?
>
> I'd appreciate any answer at all, just to know if it is possible and i
> should keep trying or it is impossible and i can stop trying.
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
>
> Manuel Gomes

Hi,

as far as I understood the hybrid mode in VPN-1 the Checkpoint Firewall
accepts both. Well, I I still can remember we configured this. And it is
working. Just username/pw fpr the tunnel.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42