[Openswan Users] 2.6 Kernel question

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jan 31 13:32:59 CET 2005

Kiryl Hakhovich wrote:
> Hello all,
> please forgive me if this question had been asked before
>
> I have FC2 with 2.6.10-1.9_FC2 kernel.
> I have tried to install openswan 2.3.0 from source and from rpm and have
> no luck with it at all.
>
> I used to work on 2.4 kernels with freeswan and had no issues whatsoever.
>
> Can anyone tell me if i missing some stupid thing :-)
>
> After i start the ipsec - both my network connections (private and
> public) become as "Resource unavailable" and ipsec auto status shows
> that somehow it tries to initiate connections to every available ip on
> my local network
> with
>     192.168.0.91 - %hold or %aquire network
>
> Thanks.

I don't know if the rpm or tarball make install KLIPS by default.  If
not, you must be using the 2.6 IPSec implementation.  In that case, have
you used setkey to define your security policies and security
associations? Is your esp4 module loaded?  Hope this helps - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

If you'd like to help develop an enterprise class management console for
Openswan, please visit http://iscs.sourceforge.net