[Openswan Users] FC3 deps and repo question

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Sun Jan 30 16:35:13 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 15:33 +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
>
> > The repo does not see to have more than 1 kernel version of Openswan for
> > FC3 and no smp versions.
> >
> > Is their any plans to maintain this repository?
>
> Yes, we will ad those kernels to the repository. The reason we did not make more
> klips kernels at this point was the fact that we know there is a fatal crasher
> in klips on intel (not x86_640 redhat-patched kernels.
>
> There is also the module unload bug that is still present in all klips modules for 2.6
> kernels.
>
> klips is marked as experimental. Once all these issues have been resolves, we will start
> to produce klips modules for all the redhat released kernels (or perhaps redhad can build
> a klips module in their FC distribution for those who wish to use it).
>
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >        ipsec-userland is needed by openswan-klips-2.3.0-2.6.10_1.741_FC3_1.i386
> >    Suggested resolutions:
> >        openswan-2.1.5-2.i386.rpm
>
> This is a build failure? not in install failure? Can you give me a more detailed log of
> your rpmbuild -ba ?
>
> Paul
Fair enough, if Klips is still experimental in 2.6 I will sit tight. Any
chances of getting the snmp fix back ported to a 2.1.6?
2.1.5 is the last version I was able to get rpms for. I am sure many
people would prefer to stay on 2.4 for firewall/vpn type devices for the
near term, plus their are those of us who have grown to be fond of klips
for a myriad of reasons:-)

I did an "rpmbuild --rebuild openswan-2.3.0-1.src.rpm"
It installs fine without the openswan-klips.

Regards,
"The Klips Lover" (hehe)

Ted