[Openswan Users] FC3 deps and repo question

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Jan 30 15:33:18 CET 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

> The repo does not see to have more than 1 kernel version of Openswan for
> FC3 and no smp versions.
>
> Is their any plans to maintain this repository?

Yes, we will ad those kernels to the repository. The reason we did not make more
klips kernels at this point was the fact that we know there is a fatal crasher
in klips on intel (not x86_640 redhat-patched kernels.

There is also the module unload bug that is still present in all klips modules for 2.6
kernels.

klips is marked as experimental. Once all these issues have been resolves, we will start
to produce klips modules for all the redhat released kernels (or perhaps redhad can build
a klips module in their FC distribution for those who wish to use it).

> error: Failed dependencies:
>        ipsec-userland is needed by openswan-klips-2.3.0-2.6.10_1.741_FC3_1.i386
>    Suggested resolutions:
>        openswan-2.1.5-2.i386.rpm

This is a build failure? not in install failure? Can you give me a more detailed log of
your rpmbuild -ba ?

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton