[Openswan Users] Problem with Openswan with l2tp

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Sat Jan 29 17:42:56 CET 2005

Tommaso Di Donato wrote:

> I have a problem: I have a VPN that connects wireless client to internal
> lan... Openswan handles the IPsec part, and l2tp authenticate my windows
> clients. Everything works great... my only problem is that after a period
> of time (it seems to be casual, but about once a day...)my l2tp server stops
> to work.  My l2tpd is from Jacco rpm (l2tpd-0.69-8jdl).

There is a newer version 10jdl which contains two extra patches. You could
try this version. There are even more fixes in the Debian 'unstable' tree
but I have not incorporated them yet because I have not had time and I believe
that an update from the upstream (i.e. www.l2tpd.org) is long overdue.

One suggestion would be to download the Debian l2tpd tar ball from:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/l2tpd.html
and compile it. Then you copy the executable to /usr/sbin/l2tpd,
replacing the one in the RPM while keeping the other files intact.

> In Openswan 2-2.0-2, I setted up dpdaction=clear and uniqueids=yes.

Windows does not support DPD. I don't think this is the cause.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl