[Openswan Users] Problem with Openswan with l2tp

Tommaso Di Donato el.dido at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 27 15:05:24 CET 2005

Hi All.
I have a problem: I have a VPN that connects wireless client to internal
lan... Openswan handles the IPsec part, and l2tp authenticate my windows
clients. Everything works great... my only problem is that after a period
of time (it seems to be casual, but about once a day...)my l2tp server stops
to work.
My logs show that ipsec connection establishes, but nothing more happens:
I can't see anything in ppp logs!
I think the problem is related to l2tp, or pehaps to tty. My system is a
Fedora Core 2 with kernel recompiled, to work with l2tp (config_legacy_pty=y),
and config_legacy_pty_count=256. My l2tpd is from Jacco rpm (l2tpd-0.69-8jdl).
As I told before, I have no logs...

#/etc/l2tpd/l2tpd.conf
[global]
[lns default]
ip range = 10.197.182.102-10.197.182.130
local ip = 10.197.182.101
require chap = no
refuse pap = no
require authentication = yes
name = LinuxVPNserver
ppp debug = yes
pppoptfile = /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd
length bit = yes

In Openswan 2-2.0-2, I setted up dpdaction=clear and uniqueids=yes.

My only guess is that I reach max number of PTY... Has anyone a similar problem?
How can I solve??
Thanx you a lot!

Dido

Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free, 2 Mega GRATIS!
Attiva Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free entro il 31 gennaio e navighi GRATIS
fino al 31 marzo 2005! In piu', anche il costo di adesione e' GRATIS.
Scaricato il concetto? http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/