[Openswan Users] Fedora Core 1 build problem

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jan 13 22:40:34 CET 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

>> Is there a mismatch between CONFIG_KLIPS vs CONFIG_IPSEC?
> Hve no clue, where can I check?

I just checked 2.3.0, and indeed there is. Either rename CONFIG_IPSEC to
CONFIG_KLIPS in the packaging/redhat/config-* files, or grab these from
cvs (PRE2_3 branch)

>> How are you building this? Since openswan-2.3.0-1.src.rpm uses the module26
>> target, so it cannot build out of the box on a 2.4 kernel.
>> If you manually untarred the source, use the packaging/redhat/openswan.spec
>> file and change 'modules26' to 'module

this change was also not put it, apparently not to break klips on 2.4 kernels.
You might need to manually change the make module to make module26 in the spec
file to try a build of KLIPS on 2.6.

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton