[Openswan Users] Problem obtaining Ipsec-tools

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Jan 9 23:06:40 CET 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Twum K. Djin wrote:

> It appears that I need ipsec-tools on my linux box before I can install the
> openswan 2.2.0-1.
>
> I've searched all over the web for an ipsec-tools rpm for Redhat 9 but I can't
> seem to find any.

If you run a 2.4 kernel, you do not need ipsec-tools and you can override
the rpm installation with --nodeps.
You can find ipsec-tools on ipsec-tools.sf.net, or you can rebuild the rpm
from a source rpm from the Fedora tree using rpmbuild -bb

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton