[Openswan Users] openswan error

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Jan 5 21:14:56 CET 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Luis Figueredo - HSBS wrote:

> Ding this at linux redhat 7.3:
>   rpm -ivh openswan-2.1.5-1rh7.i386.rpm
>
> it returns this message:
> error: failed dependencies
>        ipsec-tools is needed for openswan-2.1.5-1fc2

Ahh, that's an error indeed. You can safely override this with --nodeps

> Well, moreover i need nat-t suport, my question is: I just need to install the rpm or i need to do something with the kernel.

Unfortunately yes, you will also need the ipsec.o kernel module for that kernel.
We did not package these in rpms for all the kernels, as we haven't tested
building these for redhat machines in almost a year.

You can try installing the openswan-2 source and run:
rpmbuild -ba openswan-2/packaging/redhat/openswan.spec file

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton