[Openswan Users] Bridging lan over wireless link

Joost Kraaijeveld J.Kraaijeveld at Askesis.nl
Sun Feb 6 12:01:36 CET 2005

Hi all,

I want to create a bridge (see picture below) between 2 LANs with the same IP range (192.168.0.0/24) using 2 wireless links that use load sharing over multiple interfaces (as descibed here: http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.loadshare.html) for load balancing and fault tolerance. Both links should use IPsec for encryption.

I have googled for an example that does this but I could not find it.

Is this possible? Not in threory but in practise: has anyone done this? If so, can anyone give me an example/pointer to an example of how to do this?

                         ________     ________
                        |        |   |        |
                        | ant1.1 |---| ant2.1 |
                        |________|   |________|
             _________       |            |        _________
            |         |-eth1-+            +--eth1-|         |
lan1 --eth0-| bridge1 |                           | bridge2 |-eth0--lan2
            |_________|-eth2-+            +--eth2-|_________|
                         ____|___     ____|___
                        |        |   |        |
                        | ant1.2 |---| ant2.2 |