[Openswan Users] Mac OS X 10.4.3 <-> Openswan

Agent Smith news8080 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 12:09:52 CET 2005

I saw this and gave it a try but it still looks
broken.

I generated another certauth and another certificate
for my mac 10.4.3 and I am able to connect IPSEC/L2TP
with a public ip but not from behind a nat router. I
get a 'IPsec SA established' when connecting from
behind nat but  l2tp doesn't respons then for some
reason. Works great when I have a public IP on the
mac.

it works well from a windowz box (nat and no-nat) so I
know openswan side is setup to do so but its just
these osx systems and most of my clients use osx so I
have to be able to do this.

currently I use the racoon config on osx behind nat
routers but I'd love to get rid of it since it
requires that I use an IP instead of DNS name and not
that I plan to change my VPN servers IP anytime soon,
its nice to be able to have that ability.

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/openswan-OSX-swapNATDhashes.patch