[Openswan Users] IPSec Verify

Syed Abuthahir abumca at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 21:45:34 CET 2005

Hi,
  On executing 'ipsec verify' command I got the following:
  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
  Version check and ipsec on-path [OK]
  Linux FreeS/WAN U2.06/K(KLIPS support not presently loaded)
  Checking for IPsec kernel support: found 2.6 native [OK]
  Checking that pluto is running [FAILED]
  whack: Pluto is not running (no "/var/run/pluto.ctl")
  Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding [FAILED]
  If you intend to tunnel packets on behalf of other machines, then set
  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to 1.
  Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
  Looking for TXT in forward map: qa1 [MISSING]
  Does the machine have at least one non-private address? [FAILED]

  Could any of you let me know how to start the Pluto and other things and get the Ipsec ready for usage...

  Thanks in advance,

  Abuthahir